Just Plodding Along

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

So It Snowed

Can you believe the schools shut because we had a little snow. I don't think Christchurch is ready or prepared for snow, so it just shuts down. The police were telling people to stay at home unless they really needed to go out. Cars were being left on the side of the road everywhere, as no-one had chains so the cars were just sliding around. I'm not sure how deep the snow was, but we had more last year. It didn't even collect on the driveway much. Very cold though, and power outtages south of here, and in Auckland too - where there wasn't any snow, just strong winds.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yes, the kids and I managed to get in a snowball fight and Son is a good aim I'll tell you. Daughter spent most of her time preparing the balls, but Son just grabbed hunks and threw them. We had to come inside after about five minutes to thaw out our fingers - oh the burn!

Knitting wise, I've finished the front of the sweater so I must take photos of the back and front to post. I have to buy some double pointed needles so I can knit the sleeves, I want to do them from shoulder to sleeve. Worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home