Just Plodding Along

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Where Is Summer?

Really, I don't know where it's gone to. We've had thunderstorms, rain, oh, and more rain. In between the wet I've managed to get some seeds and plants into the ground. Plants are... tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini. Seeds are peas and beans. I want to get some lettuce seeds in the ground too. I already have strawberries, shallot, leeks, pumpkins and potatoes growing well. I have another zucchini seedling inside which I need to harden off, and there are two pepper seedlings that will be big enough to harden off next week sometime I hope. There is also a gooseberry bush I purchased three days ago that I need to get in the ground soon, but the shallots are still growing where I want to place it. I have a passionfruit vine too, I need some trellis or climbing wires for that one, I'm hoping it will grow in this climate. I bought Son a black capsicum plant that I don't want to put in the ground, I think I'll repot it into a bigger pot and then we can bring it inside when it gets closer to the frosts.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home