Just Plodding Along

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sowing

Worked the garden over today where I wanted to sow some lettuce and beetroot. I had to look really carefully through the soil after I pulled the weeds, as there are really annoying weeds in that part of the garden. They'll probably pop up but I think I got most of the roots of them out. Got the lettuce and beet seeds in with Son's help and we covered the ground so cats won't have a scratch at the dirt. Then after they've sprouted and grown a little we'll take the cover away so they can go for it. It doesn't look like much but I'll be able to fit about 6 lettuces and maybe close to 2 dozen beets as I don't let them get too big before I pull them to eat. I'll do another photo when they've sprouted so we can see the time they took. Here's the ground before the seeds were put in.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home