Just Plodding Along

Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Daughter Wants To Marry James Blunt

So I stayed at school for only 12 minutes today for my Daughter, who has only really started this week at school. Last week of last term a month ago she started, but then she got a cold and missed the rest of the week. Tomorrow I'll probably go when the bell goes, so she knows I'm not there for news time every day. Anyway. Today at news time Daughter actually said something. She said she liked James Blunt's music and that Mum puts it on for her. I was impressed that she spoke, 'cause even though she is quite loud and a bit of a clown when she has an audience, these are all kids from her class and I think she's trying to impress them.

So yesterday for a few hours I mucked around with trying to make a dress for this doll..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Strange shape to try to clothe, but I gave it a go. Here is the first rough try just to get a shape correct..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The other side..
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The material I want to use is this stuff. I think it's a polyester/rayon type mix, very soft and flowing. The pieces are cut and it should look something like this when finished...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've already sewn the top pieces together, so I just need to add the skirt part. I'm going to put some gathering in so the dress poofs out a bit and isn't just straight. Man it's fiddly working with such small pieces of material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home