Just Plodding Along

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tidy Up Time







Mowed the lawns this morning, and pulled a few pumpkins out, the plants were all yellowed and ready to finish. You can see them on the picnic table on the right. I also harvested the pumpkins that are in the middle of the photo hanging off the fence, photos of those tomorrow. I also dug over more of the side garden against the north fence, and I planted a blackcurrant bush and gooseberry bush against the west fence. Son helped me out with planting the bushes out, and he said it was lots of fun. We had some of our own potatoes for lunch as wedges, then again for tea as scalloped - yummy, with stirfry beef and our own radish, pumpkin, zucchini, and shallots.







I thought I'd take a photo of the potatoes that we dug up, I'm storing them in a fridge that is not turned on at the moment, but we're going to have to start eating them up, as some are sprouting already.

I'm taking some of these babies to my Sister's place on Thursday, hopefully the newest zucchini will be ready by then and I'll take it too. Oh and as an afterthought I can work out which pumpkin she's likely to want and give that away too. Tomorrow I want to take the kids to a movie and then that will get us out of the house for a while, we've been stuck here due to cold weather and both kids having coughs. We'll brave it though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home