Just Plodding Along

Friday, January 19, 2007

Jam Making

Kids and I have been busy going to school where there is a plum tree. Actually there are three, but the one next to the car park has AWESOME tasting plums on it. I've just been sitting in the lounge tonight watching a few highlights of The Big Day Out at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland where Muse are performing at 8 pm. Oh and there are other artists playing, it's an all day gig. Anyway, I decided to make more jam out of the plums. First off last week I made a plum pie, which was received well by Son, but not Daughter. Then I made about 1.5 litres of jam. Then another day I made the same amount again. There are three bags in the freezer of pitted plums ready to make more jam another day in the future when I have more jars emptied. Then tonight I turned 2 kilos of pitted plums into approx. 2.5 litres of jam. It looks like this at the moment still cooling on the bench before I put some stickers on it so I remember what it is and when it was made. Woo Hoo plum jam!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home