Just Plodding Along

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adventures In Bottling Black Boy Peaches

Tonight's the first time I've tried to preserve the fruit whole in syrup. After breaking the first jar, I think when I put it on the metal bench the temperature difference caused the jar to break. After that I put the jars on a teatowel, so the next ones wouldn't break. Four out of five isn't bad, and a lesson learned for the next time.

A full(ish) basket of black boy peaches for preserving.

Peaches stewing.

Syrup on the boil in the background, peaches ready for bottling and two jars in the water bath.

One broke, boo hoo.

Four out of five worked out okay.

The basket stll holds plenty of work for tomorrow.



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home