Just Plodding Along

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Try Again
I'm trying to post the photos of my first quilt again. Lets see them
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is the back of the quilt, I used four different fabrics, though I'm pretty sure that they were all cotton. The green flowery fabric used to be a single sheet, and the two types of plaid used to be pairs of Hubby's shorts. Thanks for the recycling Hubby! The other materials were just what I had been given ages ago and put aside to use someday.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here is the quilt laid out on Daughter's bed. The hardest bit for me was working out how to close the edges of the quilt. I ended up sewing by hand a strip of different coloured material around the edge very carefully hiding the stitches. Next quilt might be different in the binding, I may turn the quilt inside out to put the binding on and then only hand sew the remaining edge.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here is a closer photo of the top, or front of the quilt, I just did the simple diagonal pattern with some quilting of different things. I think I put a snail, love heart, whale, seal(which I think you can see in this photo),flower, and some squiggly patterns here and there. Daughter likes it, so I'm happy about that. It measures 28 by 25 inches, so good size for the buggy on Daughter's lap. I'm collecting up flannelette fabrics off old pyjamas to make a nice soft snuggly quilt, though I might make it a bit bigger so I can use it too.

Here is some art I did a few years back, all acrylic paints. Sorry about the photo quality! It's hard to get good photos of these.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home