Just Plodding Along

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tomato Planting Time


Got the tomatoes in the ground finally. I've got one Supertom straight from Athol McCully's Garden Center, along with a Pinnacle which is a little smaller. Then I've planted two of the baby ones, which are about 4 inches high, they are either Beefsteak, Plum or Sweet 100. I've also got about another six or so inside waiting to see whether the first 'baby' plants survive. I have grown the baby ones from seed saved from delicious tomatoes I ate last year, so it'll be interesting to see if they even grow fruit. I've put plenty of compost in under the tomatoes, and then some on top near the base with some rotted lawn clippings on top to try to hold the moisture in as where the plants are gets quite dry. I'm hoping the warm bricks on the house will help them grow well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home