Just Plodding Along

Monday, October 18, 2004

FINISHED THE ARAN!

Yes, I just had to yell that really loudly. After almost two months I finally got there with hubbys sweater....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

....have to wait for a nice sunny day to take an outside photo of hubby wearing his new sweater. Also have to catch him, as he's been wearing it non-stop since I finished it. Here is a few washed out photos, first the collar before I seamed the side of it...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...and the shoulder pieces before they got 'three needle bind off' done on them...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now son is jumping for joy as I have started his hoodie sweater in Shepherd Waterspun Aran ply. It is a thick and thin 100% wool which feels almost felted, and really soft. Photos soon of the actual colour as the brown flecked with yellow, red and blue are hard to capture in the weather we are having at the moment. I'm doing a raglan shaping and am almost halfway up the back piece already as it's just stockinette stitch. Woo Hoo for finishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home