Just Plodding Along

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Hubby is fast asleep so no sneaking in to get the back of the sweater that I have finished, but I took the sleeve I'm working on when I left the room so pics of that instead. I tried a few times to try to capture the cables, but it is quite hard on an overcast day so here goes the first try....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Second try...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Third try...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Success on the fourth try out on the picnic table...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Daughter loves the feel of the pattern and will often touch it to see how different each cable feels...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got the cables from a book I'm borrowing from the library at the moment, Alice Starmores Aran Knitting. She explains all the reality surrounding the legends of Aran knitting, and gives heaps of cable patterns. At the back of the book there are about 9 designs for sweaters and shawls.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I like St Brigid the best, and when I'm finished hubby's sweater I would love to try to knit it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In this colourway...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

it would suit my colouring well.
Yeah I can dream too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home