Just Plodding Along

Friday, August 20, 2004

Well, that was a great week, knitting wise. I got given a huge bag full of all different kinds of yarns, photos later when the kids aren't around to want their photo taken too.

I got to go to a huge sale at Knit World on Peterborough St where I got myself some 'army green/brown flecked with other colours' wool for my son's hoodie.

Sister got my husband enough wool for me to knit him a new sweater with some cabling in it.
I have already done a swatch and cast on, and done almost half a pattern repeat. Photos soon.

What I do have photos of today is the new green gurnsey style sweater that my sister has finished for her grandson...don't worry, she has done three sweaters and one hat for him lately, so she is now doing herself a favour and knitting something for herself. YAY.
Here is the sweater in all its glory...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a close up of the neat collar on it..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...and the button closure is here....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...and then I realise that sister still has to put the button on, but it is pretty much all done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home