Just Plodding Along

Saturday, August 28, 2004

I've been trying out a new way to make a sweater, you knit the collar first, then follow with the shoulders and front and back down to the armpit, then you do each sleeve, and finish off with the length of the sweater body. You can read about it at Sweater Project (scroll down to May 18th to see it completed) where David knit his first Aran sweater that way. I followed his journey most of the way and found it very interesting.

I left out the photo of the collar only, as it is just a green ring of knitting, but here is one shoulder picked up and knitted:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The other shoulder being picked up:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two shoulders complete:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Picking up along for the front stitches:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Front stitches are knit down a little, here I'm picking up for the back of the sweater:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I knit as far down the back as I had for the front before I put all of the stitches on extra yarn to hold them, then I got stuck into knitting the sweater for my hubby. Good to know I can do it anyway!

I'm half way through the back of hubby's Aran, and hoping to do the rest within a week, that's about three inches per day. I think I can handle that before my wrists get too sore, all the cables and twisting seems to hurt a bit. The deep green looks really good though, and every inch makes it look better and better. It is hard to photograph though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home