Just Plodding Along

Monday, October 25, 2004

Who's Been Busy Then??

Here we go again on the merry-go-round we call knitting a sweater. Honestly though, I really enjoy doing it. Started sons hooded sweater, which he is already calling his hoody to show how cute he is. The Yarn is Shepherds Waterspun in Olive shade 103. Full of flecks of red blue and yellow there are also bits of grass all the way through it, I'm managing to pull out most of them though because son won't want a grass sweater. Here is the Yarn....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and another angle...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think the colour is pretty accurate as I took the photos outside. I've done the back and front and they are on holders...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and the ribbing around the lower edge is neat I reckon with all the different colours in it...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am now working on the first sleeve...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and when I was measuring the front and back together I noticed I failed to bind off 4 stitches at the point where the armpit will be, so I'll have to rip back and fix that, it's only on the front so won't take me long. The yarn is lovely to work with and has thick and thin areas in it, but feels felted, I suppose that's from the water spinning process. Here's a close up of the stitch and I included a piece with the grass in it so you could get in the mood to knit up some of this lovely wool...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

must get back to knitting it, shouldn't take me long, I started it on the 17th October and I'm just about done with the body already.

Getting the seeds in the garden too, son has a radish patch near the back door and our carrots, potatoes and beans and up and going for it. Will put in some butter beans soon and trying to grow cucumbers this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home