Just Plodding Along

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Jersey but not a jersey.

So with the children and me still sick and all, we've become very creative with our time. On Friday we all walked down to the closest proper mall, which is about 40 minutes (or an hour if you are walking with a five year old) and went into Sewing World to get some wool for Dads hat. Then we made our way into the mall where the kids had noodles from The Hungry Wok. So that took up most of the middle of the day. Good.

Saturday I drove the children down to Blockbuster Video to rent some kids movies. Daughter found The Incredibles to buy on the sale table hidden under some other strange unkown dvds. Good score for $19.95, so I had to get that, and we watched it as soon as we got back home. The other kids movies were The Dark Crystal and Monsters Inc. I remember the Dark Crystal as being a lot more interesting and exciting when I was a kid, my children were bored and wandered off during it. Oh well, it was a walk down memory lane for me even though they didn't like it much.

Another way to waste time is to let your five year old Son design his own jersey on the computer using Paint. Here is one of his first...

Mixed up jersey... I made the outlines for the sleeves and body and let him colour and design pictures, etc...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

a bunny jersey...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

a fire engine jersey...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Of course all of these will never be worn by Son if I did knit them out of wool as he has developed a sudden dislike to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home