Just Plodding Along

Friday, May 06, 2005

Pepi The Cockatiel

Yesterday we picked up the kindy bird. His name is Pepi and he is young and cute with a preference for my shoulder. I must say I haven't had much to do with birds, so this bird interested in me almost freaks me out. I'm not afraid he'll bite me hard, he gives little affectionate nibbles on my ear and hair. I'm just not used to having a bird here. Daughter loves him, she often watches him for the afternoon while she is at kindy, so it's nice to bring him home for the weekend. Here is Daughter feeding Pepi a piece of seed...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is Son holding Pepi...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

he is the bravest one of us with the bird. Son was the first to try to pick Pepi up with his hand, and he also loves the bird. We don't have any pets, so the children are really enjoying him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home