Just Plodding Along

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Busy Busy Busy
As the title suggests, I have been busy, but not knitting as such. Kids are home from school until next Monday with the two week holiday. It has been raining most of the time, and we've had quite a few electrical storms too. I've been too sore to knit though with my pain acting up arrggh! I have been using my right hand/arm to crochet this shawl

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

although it is slow work now that the row is really long and getting longer each row.
This is an old picture, but it looks the same still, just larger. I will measure it soon to see how I'm going. I still want it to be bigger than it is, though I am running out of the yarn now, I have more yarn the same but in a different colour which I will use.

I am paused on my sock project at the moment, but that doesn't stop me from looking at other sweater patterns. There's a really neat looking jacket with cables and fold over collar, I think it has a belt of some sort, but it looks soooo cool. Problem is, it's on an ad for dog food here in New Zealand, so I'll have to find something similar. It would be a good thing for the winter here, simple enough to shrug on when you leave the house.

I found this website (which takes a while to load fully by the way) these are blue fabrics which are so gorgeous to look at.
This one would have to be my favourite, but I only had a few moments so I know I need to go and have another look!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's called Trains On Blue.

I have found a neat musician who covers Radiohead's Exit Music (For A Film), it's a little jazzy and gets very het up towards the end too. His name is Brad Mehldau and I usually use the 'low' stream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home