Just Plodding Along

Friday, January 07, 2005

I will admit I haven't knitted this year yet. I said it. But I have been doing the garden as the warm weather even though wet has all the plants go stir crazy with growth. I find if I do a little a day I will keep up with it. I weeded the second to last corner I hadn't done when we moved in almost seven months ago, and boy it was alot of digging. Plants I want to keep are, in no particular order; snapdragon, christmas lillies, daylillies, another grassy plant with dainty red flowers, fuchsia, dahlia, possibly stock, and a few others I don't know the names of. Weeds I have and want to get rid or eventually are; celery grass, henbit, redroot pigweed, annual poa, catsear, speedwell, hawkbeard or hawkbit, suckling clover, dock, fathen, musky storkbill, scarlet pimpernel, cleavers, creeping buttercup and stinging nettle. I may keep a little stinging nettle, as it comes up so often anyway over near the red currant bush, to use for tea or as a green at dinner. I also want to keep the dandelion and chicory for the same reason. I have tomatoes, radishes, pumpkins, carrots, potatoes, scarlet runner beans, golden wax butter beans, lettuce, strawberries, asparagus, red currants, and inside in pots I have 5 - 6 week old cucumber and capsicum growing quite well. Will take photos soon as I am quite proud of my effort at controlling the jungle out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home