Just Plodding Along

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Spinning Wheel

So last night I took some photos of the wheel, it's a Carlisle from Carlisle Road. Browns Bay, Auckland. I don't think they make wheels there anymore though, it was made in 1975.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These are the singles I did last night, I left some sliver for Dad to practise with and will have to get more of it soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the skein I plied(sp?) on Sunday and I know it's bumpy lumpy and not even, but I really like it. It would make a lovely warm scarf I reckon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is the flyer with the scotch tension peg underneath which I still haven't figured out the use of yet. I have just been putting the drive belt directly on the bobbin to spin the sliver I've got.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It has a single treadle, I have never spun any wool before so I don't know what the double treadles are like, but this one seems fine for what I was doing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I couldn't find another wheel the same as this, but these are similar Minstrel and Mazurka from Kromski. Another example is Baynes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home