Just Plodding Along

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Well sister has finished the tiger hat, with a black band for the ribbing and black stripes in the orange background. Grandson has the hat already and is enjoying it. Sister has started yet another jersey in green, but this time it is in 8 ply, and she is making up her own pattern again. It's looking good already.

I'm still working on the shawl, and have started another crochet project with a shell pattern in a bright green. It is experimental really, and just there to keep my hands busy and my mind off the pain. If I work really fast I make a few mistakes, and that is all I need most times to distract me long enough to get through an evening. Son wants me to make him a hooded raglan sweater like my one, but in all black, so I'll have to source some yarn for that project. Since it is coming up spring soon, I might knit it out of a wool acrylic blend. I will work that out when I'm in the yarn shop. Probably go to KnitWorld in Peterborough Street.

The children and I have been on the bus alot this week too, with hubby being busy at his work and us not having two cars. We love it though, it's about 35 minutes to preschool, and it's like the first time every time we go. Then of course I've got 35 minutes back on the bus which should be devoted to knitting, but I keep forgetting to load my bag, so I'm left with time dealing with an internal fire and wishing over and over that I had something to do!

We have been for a few walks lately too, the children and I, son on his bike and daughter in the buggy. Been trying to get my 10,000 steps a day in for the diabetes recommendation with my pedometer. Got 13,000 yesterday, so I'm not doing too badly. Got to make a coffee for hubby, later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home