Just Plodding Along

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cupcake Fever

No, really just one batch. But I was thinking World Cup Fever or something.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway so these ones were vanilla cupcakes (recipe from Recipe*zaar) and I did add the extra 1/2 cup of milk someone suggested and still found them fairly dry compared to other cupcakes I've made in the past.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The icing was a cream cheese frosting from allrecipes and I liked it, but the kids didn't. Mmm. I think they prefer the normal icing sugar/ butter/ vanilla extract one that I normally do.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They were still eaten happily by Daughter even though she wasn't keen on the icing either.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And they got to enjoy the topping on the icing too while watching cartoons.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The dolls dress was appreciated yesterday when I wanted to take a photo of it on the doll Daughter and I made. Daughter held the doll high and gave me a big smile and we ended up taking a dozen or so photos of her and the doll.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Also yesterday after school Daughter and I had planned to do a picture for a frame that Daughter found on my craft table. I thought she was going to draw it, but we ended up with her posing while I sketched her. Daughter did the face 'cause I said I wasn't any good with faces.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She did quite a good cartoon kinda face that sums up her character really well.

Then Son saw the progress and wanted in on the action, so I sketched him while he played the Toy Story game on his computer. He helped me colour the sketch too, and he took it to school this morning to show everyone there, I think he's really proud of his accomplishment.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The picture has lost some of it's detail with me resizing it, but it's the general idea. Yes, that is a side table he's using as a chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home